New to sewing? Sharing 5 things beginners need to know in this LIVE edition of the Sewing Report!
SUBSCRIBE FOR WEEKLY VIDEOS! http://bit.ly/2hlQx6x If you enjoyed this video, the best way to support making more like this is to subscribe. You’ll be notified about my latest videos – plus it’s free!
Join in on Instagram with #sewingreportsquad!
1) There are so many different types/forms of sewing – they are NOT all the same
2) Sewing Machines – how to buy your first one, what to look for, do you need an expensive one?
3) Fabric – there is SO much available it’s mind blowing. Jo-Ann Fabrics is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to shopping for fabric. There are endless options with online shopping as well.
4) Don’t choose overly complicated projects when you’re just starting out. Match your project to your sewing skill level. Pillow covers, napkins, place mats are great for trial and error and developing confidence
5) Seek out “real” vs. “fake” sewing tutorials. There is so much misinformation and bad information on the internet about sewing. How can you tell if a sewing resource is good quality?
CRAFTSY – FREE & PAID ONLINE CLASSES, FABRIC, SUPPLIES
SHOP SEWING REPORT’S FAVORITE SEWING & QUILTING PRODUCTS: http://astore.amazon.com/sewingreport-20
Comprehensive sewing resource guide: http://www.sewingreport.com/resources/
PINK CASTLE FABRICS / GLAMP STITCHALOT
CRAFT SOUTH IN NASHVILLE, TN
SUSAN KHALJE COUTURE
GARY VAYNERCHUK – THE ULTIMATE ADVICE FOR A 20-YEAR-OLD
MY SEWING MACHINES:
EverSewn – Sparrow 25 -197 Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine
Thank you to EverSewn for providing Sewing Report the Sparrow 25 used in this video!
Brother 1034D Serger – http://amzn.to/1FNpsxo
Janome MemoryCraft 7700 Sewing Machine – http://amzn.to/2jjApkk
Brother SE-400 Combination Sewing / Embroidery Machine
DISCLAIMER: This video and description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. Thank you for watching!
Talk to me: @sewingreport
SEWING REPORT FILMING GEAR LIST:
ABOUT SEWING REPORT:
Helping you discover your love of sewing at sewingreport.com through videos, articles, and tutorials. I’m Jennifer Moore – obsessed with sewing, and want you to be if you’re not already. Come on in!
If you’re all about that, the best way to support this mission is by subscribing to this channel. You’ll get the heads up on the latest videos, and it’s all free!
By night, I work as a TV journalist.
I’d love to hear from you! Connect with me at email@example.com. Interested in collaborating on a video with me? I’m up for that too!