Quilting for Beginners Tutorial: Believe me, this is the easiest quilt ever for a beginner to make. In this quilting tutorial we show you, step by step, how to make a lovely quilt in less than a day. And the more you make the quicker it becomes.
Tools & Equipment Used in this Project:
– Batting – This is similar to what we used – http://amzn.to/1jacemV
– Janome Horizon Quilting Machine: http://amzn.to/1INEH7s
– Frixion Pens – http://amzn.to/1INFmpv
– Sew Easy Quilt-n-Sew Ruler – http://amzn.to/1INFRzJ
– Oliso iron (yellow- pro version): http://amzn.to/1QcrkUD
– Oliso Iron (blue-home version): http://amzn.to/1N6trt7
– Olfa 60mm Rotary Cutter: http://amzn.to/1INHei1
We are Amazon Associates. If you purchase anything using the Amazon links above you will help support our channel…thank you!
Are you put off making a quilt because of the binding? – well in this quilt we don’t use binding. And this quilt is all made with a sewing machine so there is no hand sewing.
Not up to free motion quilting just yet? – no worries, we don’t do that either.
This is a very simple beginners quilt that can be made by anyone who can sew a straight line. And if you can’t, well you’ll be an expert by the time you finish, because this quilt is all straight line sewing.
You will be so amazed at how quick and easy this is, that you will soon be making them for gifts. It’s a super simple quilting pattern.
Quilting for beginners has never been so easy!
To make this quilt we purchased:
– 2 metres (approx 2 yards) for the backing fabric (we had some left over after cutting to size)
– 2 metres (approx 2 yards) of batting (we had some left over after cutting to size)
– 1/4 metre (approx 1/4 yard) of each of 8 different types of fabrics (we didn’t end up using it all)
The completed size of the quilt is 37″ by 50″.
FOLLOW US ON….